Indian people speak many languages. But English and Hindi are two languages that are most important. The appearance here is closely connected with the conquest of India by England. Initially, the environment in which this language was used was made up of only English colonists. However, over time, English was also used by Indians. So there appeared new environments for the use of this language. Anglo-educated Indians also used English to communicate with each other. So here another environment appeared that applied this language, consisting entirely of Indians. Thus, although there were relatively few English in India (130-150 thousand by 1940, that is, 2.5 thousand Indians had one Englishman). English, under the influence of the language policy pursued by the colonialists, penetrated many areas of Indian society.
Today, the English language is:
- One of the official languages of India. It is the language of official records management is used in parliament, state legislatures and governments, in the administrative apparatus, in the police, army and justice bodies
- The only language adopted by parliament or the state legislature of bills and by-laws issued by local authorities.
- Language of proceedings in the courts of higher jurisdiction.
- The main language in education, business, and administration
Knowledge of English opens up broad prospects for Indian youth. Having mastered it, the Indian can count on a well-paid job in the city, study abroad and move to another country.
Most often, English is necessary for students who are going to graduate. But, even knowing the English spoken language, they often face a problem when they need to write paper works in English. But this problem can be easily solved with custom writing help provided by English essay writing services like CustomWritings.com.
In addition to this reason for why the student can not cope with the work, there are others:
- Poor understanding of a given topic
- Slack in time and failure to plan it
- Inability to speak up
Any of these grounds can become a serious barrier to writing an essay and adversely affect the performance in the subject for the entire semester. It will be very frustrating if one subject with which the student is not in good relations spoils the overall picture of academic performance.
But this problem is easily solved. There are many companies that can help you to deal with this. You can just order your work online and your work will be done in a proper way and on time. The professional writers have a big experience in the field of scientific activity. And a professional essay can be performed by a professional only. Not everyone can boast of having such skills. So, find such a company and have your essay perfectly written.
Currently, in modern India, there is a tendency to lexical and partially grammatical interaction of Hindi and English. Hinglish represents a new stage in the borrowing of the English language with the influence of folk cultures. This is a merger of the two official languages of India – Hindi, and English.
English dominates movies, television, especially music and amusement channels, commercials, the media. It is an integral part of the speech of modern student youth, many educated Indians, businessmen, Indian specialists working in the field of information technology, outsourcing, and foreign companies. English also dominates in the field of business, trade, and economics. It takes place in scientific fields and education.
Features and Differences of Hindi from English
Indian English is very different from what we hear in films and songs from Britain and the USA. He was even given his name – Hinglish, from the combination of the words “Hindi” and “English”.
This is a unique mixture of English and many dialects of India. Bengali, Hindi, Punjabi, and other dialects are surprisingly organically intertwined with British and American English.
Here are the most significant factors distinguishing Hindi from English:
- Words that have no analogs in English remain in their original form. And along with the characteristic pronunciation of words in the Indian manner, it is difficult for an untrained person to understand what the interlocutor says in English.
- Often, the word order in a sentence is built according to the scheme adopted in the Hindi language. Traditional English sentence building rules, such as “Will you go to the park tomorrow?” rather, it will sound like “You will go tomorrow to the park?”.
- Indian English not only actively develops in the linguistic environment of India but even penetrates its native Great Britain. For example, “innit”, which has become familiar to the British, is the abbreviation “isn’t it”, which was born precisely in India.
- Hindi phonetics gives a special charm to Indian English. For example, in all the native languages of India, there is only soft / l /, and there is no sound / z / at all, therefore in English words, it is replaced by / j /.
Language is an ever-changing dynamic system. Some words are forgotten, others are born with the advent of new objects and concepts.